PDA

View Full Version : For Teachers - free books!

For Teachers - free books!

kathylove
07-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I received some damaged books in my recent shipment of the Comp Guide. I have 3 books that are water damaged on the edges of the pages. They look rather bedraggled - not that pretty! But I separated all the pages and they are completely readable. If any teachers can use one in the classroom, I will send it free if you just send $3 for postage. But check with me first, as I only have 3 damaged copies available.

I also have 2 additional copies that are REALLY damaged. I am about to throw them out ( I really HATE throwing things away). But it is possible a few pictures could be salvaged for art projects. If a teacher who is getting one of the less damaged copies wants one, I will throw it in. Not really worth shipping separately - too damaged. But I don't think it will cost much, if any, extra to add it into one of the other packages. Then you can throw it away after you salvage anything useful in it.

Caryl
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Kathy! I'll happily take some off your hands. I could use a readable copy as well as an almost-unreadable-good-for-photo-projects-copy for my classroom. Can I PayPal you the postage? Thanks!

P.S. - All the babies I got from you are doing well. Thanks again!

kathylove
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear the babies are doing well!

Sure. I don't normally ask anything extra for Paypal payments when I sell things, but because this is free and I just want to cover postage, I would ask either $3 in a check or cash, or $3.50 from Paypal to cover their transaction fee and percentage rates. I just don't want to actually lose anything on the free books, lol!

That makes 2 of the 3 books spoken for, and one left. Anyone else?

Caryl
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't blame you for not wanting to lose money on a such a good samaritan transaction! My husband prefers doing things the old fashioned way when possible, so I'll send you a check. Today's mail has already run, so it will go out tomorrow. No rush on the books. I still have three weeks before I see students - although I have 5.5 days of school in the next week and a half, what with registration and training days. Thanks again.

kathylove
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow! Only 3 weeks? They must be starting at practically the beginning of Aug.! Seems like it gets earlier all the time! We used to always get out around June 6 or 8 or so, and return the Tues. after Labor Day.

Judging by the composition of emails and letters sent to me from high school and college students, I am not sure what they are learning with all of that extra time, lol! Maybe math? That is something I should have studied A LOT more, haha!

Sounds like a plan - hope they get some good use out of the books!

Caryl
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
LOL! Sad to say, the first official day for teachers here is August 1st. That's a Friday, so it messes up the weekend. We get students the following Wednesday. I'm still kind of in denial about that.... I'll love it once I get my new crop of students; I always do! I just don't quite want to admit it's that soon.

By the way, I'm PM-ing you about a caramel question.

kathylove
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
I guess there are not as many teachers here as I thought! Anyone else interested, teacher or not? I wanted to offer them to somebody who would make great use of them, especially for teaching or sharing with others. But I don't need them myself, so first come, first served for the last book.

Caryl
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I received my books today. Thanks so much, Kathy!