PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Corn snake

Looking for a Corn snake

PatrickBateman
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello all, I am in search of a corn snake to purchase. My requirements (in order of importance) are:

1. Must be calm and easy to handle.
2. Good eater (eating pinky size mice preferably)
3. Good looking (I don't like snakes with red eyes)
4. Reasonable price, shippable to Philadelphia area.

Open to all offers! thanks

Susan
07-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Only one problem I see with your requirements...if you have a corn snake that is eating pinky mice, it is a hatchling and they are generally "flighty" due to their age and size. If I see a calm and easy to handle hatchling, I immediately think something is wrong with it.

PatrickBateman
07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Only one problem I see with your requirements...if you have a corn snake that is eating pinky mice, it is a hatchling and they are generally "flighty" due to their age and size. If I see a calm and easy to handle hatchling, I immediately think something is wrong with it.

Hmm, I never considered that. Thank you.

The reason that I want to get a more relaxed snake, is that I currently own a Albino Texas Rat Snake who is a nervous and vicious little bastard. He pretty much bites me any time I reach in his cage. Once I am holding him, he just tries to get away. I figured it was in his nature to be aggressive. He is currently eating pinkies, so I guess he was hatched fairly recently. Perhaps he just needs some more handling.

TripleMoonsExotic
07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I was always under the impression that Texas Rat Snakes are pretty grumpy colubrids in general. I can't say I've personally ever met a "nice" one (I owned an adult male years and years ago - and he was a nasty sucker).

If you are interested in something affordable that can be shipped, you're really going to want to stick with your (our) state. Shipping in same state is usually less then $20 as opposed to the other side of the country where it will run $50-80. I have several Cornsnake clutches (http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69615) (Normals, Caramels & Anery Stripes would fit your "no red eyes" requirement) that have hatched in the past few months and Chris (cka here one the forums) is also located here in PA and I'm pretty sure he's had an Okeetee clutch hatch recently. It all depends on what you want to look for.

PatrickBateman
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I was always under the impression that Texas Rat Snakes are pretty grumpy colubrids in general. I can't say I've personally ever met a "nice" one (I owned an adult male years and years ago - and he was a nasty sucker).

If you are interested in something affordable that can be shipped, you're really going to want to stick with your (our) state. Shipping in same state is usually less then $20 as opposed to the other side of the country where it will run $50-80. I have several Cornsnake clutches (http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69615) (Normals, Caramels & Anery Stripes would fit your "no red eyes" requirement) that have hatched in the past few months and Chris (cka here one the forums) is also located here in PA and I'm pretty sure he's had an Okeetee clutch hatch recently. It all depends on what you want to look for.

I took a look at that thread. You have some nice snakes there. Whats the best deal can you give me on one of those(snake price, shipping?).

TripleMoonsExotic
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Need your zipcode to provide a shipping quote. Prices listed are firm. Please PM me.

diego
07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Patrick, if you can wait until Aug 2nd, there is a show in Hamburg that you could go to. There you would be able to save the shipping costs and also see the snake in person. I do believe Triple Moons will be there. The show is really not that far from Philly. Just my 2 cents.

Jeff Linkchorst
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Patrick I have some anery's , normal and normal motleys but they have not eaten yet. Just hatched last week. this clutch is ready to be feed. one clutch is hatching now.. I'm local also. Send me a pm if interested.

TripleMoonsExotic
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Patrick, if you can wait until Aug 2nd, there is a show in Hamburg that you could go to. There you would be able to save the shipping costs and also see the snake in person. I do believe Triple Moons will be there. The show is really not that far from Philly.

I'll be there, but not vending. Just making deliveries for prepaid orders.

PatrickBateman
07-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not interested. I've got my snake business all taken care of and no longer need one.:sidestep:

Corny Noob
07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
This ones a few years old, I still give it pinkies and have a whole years supply left or more, i'd have to double check that. Spend over 160 on it : D wasnt expecting to sell until it was large but I accept offers. (by the way how do you ship live animals?).

Ok I know I shouldn't say anything. But if you're feeding a snake that is a couple of years old then you need to up the food size, you're drastically underfeeding it.
Also if you wat to sell snakes check out that green bar at the top of the site ;)

Corn Snakies
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok I know I shouldn't say anything. But if you're feeding a snake that is a couple of years old then you need to up the food size, you're drastically underfeeding it.
Also if you wat to sell snakes check out that green bar at the top of the site ;)

ah yeah, I was expecting to give it two pinkies a week in exchange for 1 a week.

diamondlil
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
ah yeah, I was expecting to give it two pinkies a week in exchange for 1 a week.
An adult corn on 2 pinkies? You might want to recheck its feeding requirements..Most will take a fuzzy at a year and be on adult mice as adults.