PDA

View Full Version : Snake not being himself

Snake not being himself

jhammer
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Rocky is not being himself lately. Usually, I have to poke around in his bedding to find him or lift up his box. I always let his eyes adjust for a little while before I pick him up. When I tried to pick him up today, he started squirming around and acting defensive. He ate on Friday and I let him chill until today. I noticed the same thing Friday when I fed him. I got him a new tank about a couple weeks ago. But, before Friday, I was holding him about everyday. No problems. The temps and humidity are still the same. Could I have accidentally freaked him out somehow? Is he starting to shed and I didn't notice it? Should I just try to pick him up anyway? Did something happen and I have to start taming him over again? He hasn't bit me......yet. I don't know what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bitsy
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Sounds like he's going into a shed to me. They can be a bit sensitive, so may be a good idea to leave him in peace for a few days now.

ShroomieGirl
07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
He could very well be going into shed... keep an eye on him for the next week for signs of blue. If he seems to really dislike handling (which it sounds like he does) leave him be for a little while until you figure out if hes about to shed or not.

jhammer
07-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the advice! I did some investigating too. I bought him some plants and a climbing log today. He's a juvenile in a 15 gallon tank. He had two hide boxes before too. But, I wanted him to feel a little more secure. Another problem is that my thermometer is off a little too. I'm getting a little bigger bulb in a few minutes. But, I believe everyone is right about him going into a shed too. I'll update if I see anything.

bitsy
07-15-2008, 07:13 AM
They can get a bit antsy if the temps get too high as well, so that could be another idea if your thermometer is adrift.