PDA

View Full Version : how much to feed

how much to feed

ERJ
05-19-2002, 02:08 PM
at the moment i feed my 18 month corn on one weaner and another fuzzie every five days, i also feed my other corn, which is last years baby (26") on 3 fuzzies every 4 days. Please tell me wheather these are right and if not, how much should i feed them?

Simon
05-19-2002, 04:14 PM
For hatchlings to yearling, feeding them every 4-5 days is good enough. Anything more than that is too much and will cause regurgitation. For sub-adults and adults feeding them a meal every 7-10 days is good enough.

Now on how much you should feed.....it really depend on how long your snake is. All of mine knows when it's full....so I just let them decide on weather or not to take another mouse or not. I feed them until they don't look interested in eating anymore and I take them out. For the size of the mouse......the largest mouse that a snake should eat is around 1.5 of the thickness of the largest part of it's body. Say....if your snake is 1cm thick, then a mouse that is around 1.5cm think is good enough. A 1.5cm thick mouse should be something like a fuzzie or a little hopper.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

slick
08-10-2002, 08:49 PM
i baught a 4 feet cornsnake 4 days ago tuesday and the day i baught it was the day it got fed is it bad if i feed it in a week ?? including the 4days

Neil
08-10-2002, 09:22 PM
ERJ: I think that perhaps three fuzzies every four days is a tiny, tiny bit too much- perhaps three every week or two every five days or something. I feed my 24" corn two fuzzies every four days and she is growing rapidly. It all depends on how fast you want your snake to grow.

SLICK: Feeding your corn in a week's time will be fine.

Neil