PDA

View Full Version : Weird blue purplish spot on Eddies lower belly!

Weird blue purplish spot on Eddies lower belly!

SnakeNewbie
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
It looks kinda like a human bruise! it is on his lower abdomen. Does this mean he has to poo or something?? other snakes at the place I got him had it too but they guy didnt tell me what it ment.:confused:

Nanci
07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Light snakes have internal organs that you can see.

wade
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Is it a young snake. Snow corn, amel, ?? Sometimes you can see the "poo" through the skin. This too will pass.

Wis_fishing_guy
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Agree with them also!!!!!!

Coty
07-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Does it look like it is under the skin? Maybe the next time you handle your snake hold it with a light behind it and see if you can see an internal organ in that spot (some lighter colored snakes can be almost translucent with a strong light behind it).

If it seems like it is on the skin I would see if you could get a magnifying glass and take a look. I have read about blister rot, which usually occurs when there is too much humidity and/or conditions were a bit less than sanitary. I saw a picture in a book, it would look as if it was tender or sore and the skin is a bit discolored.

If you think it is external try to post a photo and maybe someone will have an idea about it.

BTW, what heat source are you using, or did they use at the place where you got it? If it was a heat rock or a UTH w/ not thermostat I might also worry about a possible burn.

It could be nothing, but I figured I would throw those out there.

SnakeNewbie
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
his coloration is Amel. lemme hold him up to a light....ok back. it is inside him. he keeps squirming so I cant take a pic

SnakeNewbie
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
oh and he is young I got him yetsurday

Coty
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Sorry, I am something of an alarmist. ;D

I agree with the above posters, it sounds like he is fine.

SnakeNewbie
07-16-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah he seems fine! I was just worried about my first snakey. But he might be a she XD

ForkedTung
07-17-2008, 01:52 AM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: This too will pass.:roflmao: