PDA

View Full Version : swimming

swimming

dllsninjaturtle
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
my 2 year old corn is not in blue. eating well. but lately shes been submerging her head for like 15 seconds then running her whole body through and then doing it again. is this normal. could it be a sign shes going to shed. she ate today and as soon as i put her back in she started to swim.

dllsninjaturtle
07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I havent had her long so maybe she is in blue and i just cant tell. do they always stop eating when they shed?

lajes
07-25-2008, 03:08 AM
maybe she has mites???

bitsy
07-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Some stop eating when they're blue, some don't. The only way to know is to offer her food the first few times and see what hapens. Once you understand her preference, you can act accordingly; no point offering food to a snake that's refused during the last six sheds.

As for the water dish, she could be trying to assist the shed. Put a humid hide in with her - plastic sandwich tub with a lid, put a hole in the side or lid for her to get in, half fill with a damp substrate like sphagnum moss, vermiculite or paper towel, place it about the middle of the temp range in the tank. If she's having trouble shedding or looking for somewhere damp, that should give her what she needs.

Coty
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
What are the temperatures in the tank? Is there a temperature gradient?

dllsninjaturtle
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
She has nothing that would make me think mites. i keep her terr very clean. I live in the desert where most days its like 105 and humid. I have swamp coolers on my house so the lowest i can get the cool side is 78 and thats my house. the warm side is 85. humidity right now is....75 in the tank. swamp coolers make it very humid.