• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sad Day Today

ComoxCorn

Pssst...Got Corn??
Today was a sad day at our house. Today I felt it was best to euthanize Lucy, my little okeetee female I bought in April, and the snake that really sparked my interest to collect and breed corns.
I bought Lucy from a local pet store, probably my first mistake. She had repeated boughts with regurging, although for the last 6 weeks she had kept everything down. However, she just kept wasting away. Her neck was so thin and she was very emmaciated. It was her time. Rest in Peace Lucy.

Attachments

• IMG_0095_Small.JPG
    IMG_0095_Small.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 190
RIP Lucy. This happened to me with a lavender motley girl. She ate every week but LOST weight. I chose to euthanise her as she was a dangerously small 7 gram yearling.

I'm so sorry. I was worried for a while that I would have to do that with one of my snakes. She's at least 9 months old and was 10grams for months, no matter how often I fed her. *hugs* You did the right thing, and at least you gave her a good home.

I'm sorry for your loss. Take comfort from knowing that you did what was best for your Lucy. You gave her your best care while she was with you.

it was most likely parasites. did u take her to a vet. thats usually easily cured

You might be right, it could have well been parasites.. If you happen to notice the poster is in Canada, and finding a Vet there, that would know much of anything about reptiles is few and farther inbetween than it is in the US..

I am sorry Bro, if you were in my area, I would let you come and pick out one of my remaining 07's at a discount price just to replace the one you recently lost..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back