PDA

View Full Version : Regurg

Regurg

jhammer
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, today I found a regurged pinky in Rocky's tank. But, he digested his other one because there was poo in there yesterday. So, I was wondering, do I skip his feeding this week? If so, I will feed him next week with one pinky. How long until I can pick him then? Because I need to clean in his tank a little.

ComoxCorn
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I suggest not feeding him for at least 8 days after his regurge, but his first feeding should only be a small portion....a pinky head or a pinky sliced on half length wise. His digestive system needs time to recoup from losing most of his stomach acids and enzymes. A small portion for his next 2 or 3 feedings will allow for that. I also suggest as little handling as possible for the next few weeks

jhammer
07-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Okay! Thank you for the advice. I did notice a couple days before he regurged that he was behaving rather oddly while I was reaching in to pick him up. I waited for for 72 hours to handle him after he ate. (Last Wednesday.) But he did digest one pinky.

Rich in KY
07-29-2008, 01:37 AM
I suggest not feeding him for at least 8 days after his regurge, but his first feeding should only be a small portion....a pinky head or a pinky sliced on half length wise. His digestive system needs time to recoup from losing most of his stomach acids and enzymes. A small portion for his next 2 or 3 feedings will allow for that. I also suggest as little handling as possible for the next few weeks

This is great advice.

A second regurge would be very serious.