PDA

View Full Version : when to introduce multiple pinks

when to introduce multiple pinks

rachel132002
07-18-2003, 09:14 AM
My snake currently eats 1pink every 4days and he's due to feed today, however he will gladly accept pinks every 3days now so how do i know when to feed him 2pinkies every sitting should i try tonight????

Rach:confused:

Rachel
07-18-2003, 10:18 AM
If the lump left by the pink you are feeding now isn't obvious and is digested quickly (if the lump has disappeared by the next day) then you could move onto feeding 2 pinks every 5-7 days (or every 4 if thats how youre doing it now). That's the rule of thumb I use anyhow, I'm sure there are others with different advice ;)

Scorpionking
07-18-2003, 01:39 PM
I totally agree with Rachel.

Just one other thing do not put the two pinkies at the same time on the feeding enclosure, give the snake at least 5 minutes before introducing the other pinkie, that is what I do with mine, but now he is eating 2 peach fuzzies every 7 days.

Also give a little more heat for him to help digest the meal.

CAV
07-18-2003, 02:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with placing all of the food items in at one time. The snake will eat each item when it is ready. I've never seen or heard of a problem due to feeding too fast. :confused:

bmm
07-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Agreed with Cav. If my snakes are eating two mice, I just put both in. Sometimes they will even be swallowing one, while constricting another. Its not problem at all.

bmm

rachel132002
07-18-2003, 06:30 PM
well i put 1 next to him and he ate as normal and i put a small one in after just to see if he had any interest and it was gone nearly instantly lol, guess he was hungry.

Rach