PDA

View Full Version : white scales

white scales

Leeps
07-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I dont know if its serious or not but oscar has been getting a couple discolored scales on her. About three months ago i noticed one half of one orange scale turned white almost like the color was bleached out of her, now i count about 7-8 scales. They are randomly located about her body none on her head or underside. They look like otherwise healthy scales but theyre just white and it seems like it got worse with time albeit slowly. Think i should be worried. I would try to take a picture but i only have my cellphone to take a picture with and i know the discolorations wont show correctly. If need be i can borrow a friends digital camera.

Joe

Rich in KY
07-31-2008, 04:05 AM
Try to borrow a cam if you can.

It would be helpful and necessary to see a pic for anyone to even guess if it is serious.

CaptBogart
07-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Like this?
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67197

Leeps
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Thats exactly what it looks like. Except for oscar its only a few individual scales randomly located across her body, not a cluster of scales like the one referred to above. But other than size thats exactly what it looks like, i dont think its any infection because the scales are otherwise healthy, and it persists after shedding as this has been going on for three months. Oh as far as age goes, I dont know exactly how old she was when i got her but she looked hatchling sized just about the same size as the photos of hatchlings ive seen on this forum. Now she is 13 months old, feeds well, very curious, well mannered, etc.

Joe