PDA

View Full Version : Is she Drinking?

Is she Drinking?

Hock3yMonk3y
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
I have had her for about a week and I have never seen her drink any water...
Is she okay or am I just freaking out? Please help, I am worried!

Jezebel
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Don't worry! Snakes don't need drink as often as you or I, and when they do it's usually only for a few moments. I hardly ever see my snakes drink.

Shorty6
07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
She is drinking without you knowing it. Snakes don't like to be seen and to them you're a big scary animal trying to eat them.

Most likely she is drinking at night or when you are not watching. Don't worry I know people who have never seen their snake drink

sarcare
08-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I thought my snakeypants wasn't drinking and then once when I was putting fresh water in she came over and took a couple huge drinks. It was really cute, but I imagine she mostly drinks when I'm not around since she is mostly in the hide when I'm around.

lajes
08-01-2008, 08:41 AM
When you feed her next time put her head over the water bowl when you put her back in the viv.
Some of mine take a drink then and crawl back to their caves!

Hock3yMonk3y
08-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Okay I feel much better thanks!

Filardimarg2
08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I have never seen my snake drink in the viv, but when i get him out in the evenings i always put a shallow dish of water out for him & he always has a long drink while i am holding him, reallt cool!!
Marg.

claireree
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
My two adult corns are totally different one you always see having a drink especially after a feed and my other I have never seen drink.

jbrubak1
08-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I have never seen my snake drink in the viv, but when i get him out in the evenings i always put a shallow dish of water out for him & he always has a long drink while i am holding him, reallt cool!!
Marg.

My little guy also drinks from his water dish while I'm holding him. And I do have to agree it is really cool. Makes you feel like they really trust you!:)

Raiyne
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
In the very unlikely event that your snake isn't drinking, it isn't hard to spot dehydration. Their skin gets "wrinkly". If you notice folds of skin, then there's a problem. I doubt anything's wrong though. As other's have said, it's rare to see snakes drink.