PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Or Not?

Healthy Or Not?

Kejen
08-03-2008, 12:18 PM
My snake Equinox is 2months old eats full pinkies with no problems he drinks enough in my opinion but everytime i look for him hes in a hide rolled up this could be because hes shedding soon he just recently cleared but then when i put him bacvk in the viv he just goes to the closest hide? any help?

alan
08-03-2008, 12:26 PM
If he just recently cleared he's not able to see very well. My snake is in her hide the most when she is ready to shed.

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
08-03-2008, 12:29 PM
How often does he get pinkies and how many?
What are the temps on both the cool side and warm side of his viv?
Do you have hides on the warm and cool side?

I rarely catch any of my snakes drinking. Also, corns are secretive creatures. They mostly come out during dusk and dawn. He is very young yet so he might not be hand trusty (lol) yet and is super shy.

sarcare
08-03-2008, 12:30 PM
My snake is in its hide most of the time, even when he is not in shed, that is just his favorite place to be.

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
08-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Oops...Forgot to ask. Is this behavior new? Or has it been happening for a while. If you are worried because it seems sudden and new to you then I would have to say that the fact he is going to shed is a big factor in his shyness. Just like Alan said. =)

bitsy
08-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Corns love to hide - that's what they do best and it's perfectly normal for him to stay tucked away out of sight most of the time.

jong1821
08-04-2008, 02:41 AM
for the most part all my corn snakes burry themselves or stay in hides durring the day and are more active at night. try a red bulb with all other lights off. no worries, from my experience this is absolutely normal.