PDA

View Full Version : shed again less than a month

shed again less than a month

dakota11
08-11-2008, 08:51 PM
July 14 Striker was in blue she shed on July 20
Her length of shed was 15 and a half inches. as of yesterday her weight was16 grams. Ive posted previously about the history of my 2 snakes. I moved them up to 2 pinkys every 6 days 2 weeks ago.
The other Houdini was blue July 19 length of shed was 17 inches and weight yesterday 20 grams.
Anyways Strikers eyes look foggy as if she is going in blue. Am I over feeding neither have refused a meal since I got them but they seem to be growing rapidly. These two were malnourished when I got them June 25 and Striker hadent eaten for months.
btw Im trying to follow the monson plan but I don't have a desire for them to rapidly grow just want them to be healthy so if Im causing this please let me know.

jong1821
08-12-2008, 01:35 AM
most of my snakes have shed more than once in a month, especially when they are small. have had no problems. i take all snakes to the vet within a week of aquiring them and every 6 months after. no health problems. long story short dont bang your head against the wall, your baby is fine. hope this helps, good luck

Rich in KY
08-12-2008, 01:49 AM
If you follow the "Munson Plan" your snake should grow at a good pace, but shouldn't become overweight. Keep up the good work!

Tracee
08-12-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm sure you are not overfeeding them, so try not to worry. I've never noticed a correlation between feeding and shedding myself, but when they are injured they will shed more frequently. If they are otherwise healthy, then just be happy they are growing well!

Mine is almost 9 years old and so shedding should be (and usually is) very infrequent, but after shedding just a couple of weeks ago I've noticed the bulge under the neck that signifies to me an upcoming shed. Stop GROWING Charlie! Ahem, sorry. The point: don't worry :)

dakota11
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you all for the positive thoughts. Ive read some stuff about power growing which concerned me just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing that. Im scaired to ask how long your 9yr old Charlie is? I hope to be able to change Strikers name but she still has attitude. I guess they are just catching up to what they should be. Oh and feeding time is tomorrow not today so I guess Ill go for 2 pinks each again.

sarcare
08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I came home today to find my baby had shed--I left for four days, she was fine before and when I got her out yesterday she wasn't "pink" but I thought she was getting ready to shed, just not that quickly. It was only three weeks or so that she shed last, but she is growing, so I'm cool with that!

dakota11
08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
So Im not alone thats great. the color after shedding is great. mine is still in blue

Tracee
08-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Thank you all for the positive thoughts. Ive read some stuff about power growing which concerned me just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing that. Im scaired to ask how long your 9yr old Charlie is? I hope to be able to change Strikers name but she still has attitude. I guess they are just catching up to what they should be. Oh and feeding time is tomorrow not today so I guess Ill go for 2 pinks each again.
It's been a long time since he was last measured and weighed, but he was just over 5' and something like 1.4kg. He's never been "powerfed", and is the picture of health, he is just big (read: monstrous).

Stick to the plan you're using and you won't have to worry about over or under feeding :)