PDA

View Full Version : please help me i'm very very concerned

please help me i'm very very concerned

karst125
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Ok so i bought my second corn snake, a stripe blood, from a herp a week ago. I brought her home and fed her the day after she got home. She ate fine and smeed to digest fine afterwards. Here's my problem. It's been a week and she won't eat which i know isnt a huge issue. However, her stool is also a yellow green color. Please Help ME!! should i be concerned or is it normal? any ideas? what should i do to help the issue? Thank you to everyone who can help in advance!

Nanci
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Is it possible she is going blue?

Suncoast Herps
08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Can you give us a rundown on how you are keeping her? Temp, substrate etc...

karst125
08-12-2008, 09:40 PM
nanci, i'm sorry i'm not sure what going blue means? and She is only a baby not that old. The tempt is up around 83 or so and it's on aspen snake bedding. She has eaten one live pinky since being home last sunday. Humidity is around 60-65 two hides in the tank, i feed her in a seperate tank, um... ten gallon aquarium. any ideas?

Sarynkitamo
08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Going blue is a term generally used to indicate that the snake is going to shed. Typically their eyes turn blue or, in some morphs, pink.

Cam5
08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Going Blue...just means getting ready to shed...it takes about 7-10 days for the snake to go from kind of cloudy/blue eye caps, then they clear, then the snake sheds...
On light colored snakes it is really hard to tell...but on darker snakes their entire body color dulls as the old skin pulls away from the 'new' skin underneath.
During this process a lot of snakes refuse to eat...they also cannot see much so they can be jumpy/bitey.

Our 'babies' eat only every 5-7 days...but it sounds like your concern is the color of the stools...

I have never seen truly green stools from our corns.
They have a more black and white (bird poo looking stools).

Our first corn did have greenish (kind of army green) and yellow runny stools when he went off food as an adult.
I took him to the vet and they said he had coccidia and roundworms. We were given medication for both.
I am not sure if the stools were a result of the parasites or just because he had not taken in solid food but was still drinking...sorry I can't be of more help.

Suncoast Herps
08-12-2008, 10:11 PM
When you say she ate last Sunday do you mean the 10th or the 3rd? Neither is of particular concern. It takes an animal a little while to acclimate to new surroundings and get on a schedule. As someone else pointed out, she may be going into a shed.

I would try and feed her again this weekend. If she doesn't eat and has not shed by then, leave a small pink in her normal habitat overnight.

At this point, you really don't have a problem

karst125
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
cam 5 that is what her stool kind of looks like... it has a green runny texture.. how expensive was that vet trip? and i got her sunday the third.. my other corn is eating and shedding fine so i have to assume it's not the enclosure. she also seems to defecate frequently. is giving her time an option or does it need to be looked at immediately

Suncoast Herps
08-13-2008, 12:13 AM
cam 5 that is what her stool kind of looks like... it has a green runny texture.. how expensive was that vet trip? and i got her sunday the third.. my other corn is eating and shedding fine so i have to assume it's not the enclosure. she also seems to defecate frequently. is giving her time an option or does it need to be looked at immediately

Do you have these housed in the same enclosure? If so, that could be the problem. The animal was undoubtedly housed in an individual container by the breeder. If you do have them together, I would separate them immediately