PDA

View Full Version : Surplus female normal ball pythons for sale.

Surplus female normal ball pythons for sale.

kathylove
08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
I have raised up more than I need! They are '05 babies and I need to thin out at least 5 or 6 adult or almost adult females (most are around 1100 - 1200 grams, give or take a little). None have bred yet, but they are close to being ready. I am asking $75 - $95, depending on size and appearance. But I will negotiate if you want more than one. I will also consider trades for corns or anything else (reptile or non-reptile) that I might find useful.

Contact me by email or phone with whatever you might have in mind.

I can deliver them to Daytona or Raleigh over the next few weeks. I will also be attending the Chicago show, although I hope to have them thinned out by then.

claireree
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Hello just noticed you breed pythons as well, I live in Spain and my other half has had a phone call today saying that people are moving to england and want to get rid of 2 pythons comp with viv etc, one is 7 and the other is 8 they want €100 for both can you tell me if they are easy to look after upto now we have only had corns and I am not sure about pythons.

kathylove
08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
They are not difficult. BUT - the adults are weird when it comes to feeding. They are usually either on a feast or famine schedule. When they are hungry, feed the heck of them because they may fast for many months until you think they will never eat again. Then they will suddenly start eating again, and want to eat you out of house and home. Ask the owner about the feeding habits of his snakes.

Here is a link to get you started on some info:
http://www.kingsnake.com/ballpythonguide/index.html

If you decide to get them, pick up a good book. The Bowtie Press is a good starting point, and the BP books by Kevin McCurley and the Barkers are really good, but more expensive.

claireree
08-15-2008, 04:51 PM
thanks for that we ended up getting the pair as when my partner got them he couldnt believe the size of the house they were in way to small, no hides, and a tiny water bowl plus the female is sitting on 4 eggs. We now need to build them a new house each as I dont want them breeding every year.

If you have any extra tips for me or any forums that I can use I would really appreciate I am going to get a book as well.

kathylove
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Some people talk about their ball pythons in the General Chitchat section of this forum. You can do a search and bring up some of the old threads that might be helpful.

I also go to the BP forum over on kingsnake.com. There are lots of other BP forums around, but I can't go to all of them, lol! You might want to Google BP forums, then take a look to see which ones you like. But definitely get one or more of the books I mentioned (I have all 3 - good investments!). And look at the BP sponsor sites at the top of the KS BP forum - some of them have extensive sites with lots of info. The people who pay to be a sponsor are pretty serious about their balls, so I would expect them to know what they are doing. (I have not looked at each site, so can't say that for sure, but it does sound logical).

Good luck!

kathylove
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I still have more females to thin out, so I am bringing them to the Daytona show, and if there are any left, to Raleigh. Stop by and take a look and make me an offer. I really don't have room for these gals. They are in my cornsnake Rubbermaid tubs as I don't have space in the larger cb70 BP racks. So I am willing to negotiate or trade so they won't be so crowded.

See you at the shows!