PDA

View Full Version : Amelanistic something or another....

Amelanistic something or another....

Rich Z
07-22-2003, 04:36 AM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/pics/amelanistic_special01.jpg

kenster
07-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Yup want this one as well! Now all I need is a bigger pay check and a bigger snake room. That and of course Rich would have to actually want to sell them;)

Awesome looking snakes Rich! How come everytime I look at one of your photos my "want" list gets bigger and bigger. The photo gallery is an evil evil evil place....But of course I always have to look:D

Ken

limey
07-22-2003, 07:19 AM
That really is some snake !! id ont supopse its something simple like a lavander * snow/blizzard out cross is it ?

Kat
07-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Wow... that's definitely a neat pattern/appearance. Any idea if the look his heritable yet?

The front part of the pattern has a slight motleyish look to it... Is that thing homozygous for motley? Or am I imagining it?
-Kat

pewter
07-22-2003, 02:32 PM
like limey said, this looke like an opal - any chance?

Walter Smith
07-23-2003, 02:20 PM
....parents of this one?? Looks like Amelaism and Lavender traits were involved???

Walter

Walter Smith
07-23-2003, 02:22 PM
....parents of this one?? Looks like Amelanism and Lavender traits were involved???

Walter

Darin Chappell
07-23-2003, 02:29 PM
After looking at that snake several times, I think it looks like a hypo Opal. Don Soderberg's hypo snows are called corals because of the effect of hypo on the coloration. Given the freaky ways that lavander and anery A interact, it may be that hypo has a similar effect on an opal. Anyway, it's just a thought . . . actually, just a stab in the dark!

Beauty, though!

CAV
07-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Darin,

That is actually fairly sound ciferin' you're using! I have a SerpenCo Opal that even at ~30" is showing very little white, but is full of peachy/orange and pink.

Did anyone else think that the pattern is kind of "boa-ish"?

Walter Smith
07-23-2003, 04:16 PM
......pattern. I'm thinking it kinda looks as if Okeetee traits are present. Notice the wide blotch boards ??

Walter

Melinie
07-27-2003, 10:01 AM
That's exacrly what I was thinking - Hypo Opal!

I have a big 3-yr-old Hypo Snow ('Coral Snow') boy who has the exact REVERSE markings of this snake.
Peachy-pink saddles on a mostly-white background.
But he is developing more of the 'Coral' color now.

(Will try to post new pics of him this week in the Forum's Photo Gallery.)

Simon
07-27-2003, 07:59 PM
wow
that is an interesting looking animal

I want I want!!!!!!

LOL....everything new is something that I want....hahahah