PDA

View Full Version : Feeding

Feeding

Murf301
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I just got my first corn . and i was told that u should always feed them outside of there cage in a seprate tank or tupper bin. Ive also heard that after they eat u shouldnt handle them for a couple days. my question is should u leave it in the bin u fed it end after feeding or put it back in its main cage.

Toshiro
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
When I feed my corns, I put them in their feeding.tub
After they had their meal, I wait a bit, so they can calm a bit down.
Then I gently pick them up, supporting the noticible lump and put them in their tubs.
Then I leave them be for 48hours.

bitsy
08-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Put it gently back in the main cage once it's finished swallowing. The food lump will be about half way down the body.

The "no handling" rule refers to taking the snake out for exercise or long periods of handling in the 48 hours after eating, which risks a regurge. A fast and gentle one-off transfer from feeding tub to main tank, will be fine.

Nanci
08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
You can also just tip them out of the feeding bin into their viv, although none of mine do this gracefully, they act like they are hanging onto a life raft. It's easier, usually, to just carry the feeding bin to the viv and pick them out gently.

Murf301
08-15-2008, 09:33 AM
thanx. wow you guys responded faster than i thought.

bitsy
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
You can also just tip them out of the feeding bin into their viv, although none of mine do this gracefully, they act like they are hanging onto a life raft.

Glad it's not just mine, Nanci! The fuss some of them make about going into feeding tubs, you'd think they'd be only too pleased to get out again. But no.

With some of them, I can pretty much tip the tub upside down in an effort to slide them out gracefully, but they just wedge themselves at the bottom and glare at me!

Susielea
08-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Glad it's not just mine, Nanci! The fuss some of them make about going into feeding tubs, you'd think they'd be only too pleased to get out again. But no.

With some of them, I can pretty much tip the tub upside down in an effort to slide them out gracefully, but they just wedge themselves at the bottom and glare at me!

Now that makes me feel better too, whenever I see it advised to gently tip them out of the feeding tub I think, "yeah, but mine don't go gracefully...lol" :D

Nanci
08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Mine tend to fall out onto their backs and lay there thinking, "so should I regurgitate right now, or wait till she leaves?" (No one has actually done that, they just make me feel like it's going to happen after their ungraceful exit!)