PDA

View Full Version : Scenting??

Scenting??

Rachel
05-21-2002, 07:13 AM
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their snakes??
My female (1.5 yrs old) was acting very strange which I put down to breeding behaviour. But last night I noticed that she was very active, slithering all over her tank and when she went over her mossy bit of cork wood, she lifted and arched her tail (kinda like a c shape up from the vent) and it looked like she rubbed herself all over the bark. I have never noticed her lifting her tail like this ( I thoght at first maybe she was straining to do a poo but I checked and fresh faeces were done at the other end of the cage). So she's definately not compacted ( definately her poos and not the males...they crap in different areas).
Anyone dare to hazard a guess??

Rachel
05-24-2002, 06:44 AM
I take it none of you could hazard a guess? She did it again this morning...I'm pretty sure she hasn't got an impaction. Please, any input would be appreciated......

Warren
05-26-2002, 02:55 AM
Hi,

You said there was a freash defecation on one side of the cage. I would say you just missed the big event!! :) In other words...your snake had just gone to the bathroom when you saw it with it's tail raised.
Snakes will often drag their tail in the air for a few seconds,(possibly up to a minute or so) after defecating. Perhaps to avoid dragging their tail in the poop. It's nothing to be concerned about.

L8r,
wc