PDA

View Full Version : time to handle?

time to handle?

katieandsyd
08-30-2008, 09:48 PM
i know its good to give your corn a few days to settle in its new home before handling but i got my baby yesterday morning and fed her immediatly and so far she's been all over her viv looking for a way to get out and exploring for about an hour, does this mean shes settled and ready to be handled? its only been two days

alan
08-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Gosh, you're so impatient! You'll have a long time to play with your snake. It can't hurt to leave her alone for a few more days, let her explore for a bit and get the feel of her new territory. She still doesn't "know" that there is not something there that will eat her.

Nanci
08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Not to mention she needs a minimum of 48 hours to digest...Every time you feed her.

katieandsyd
08-31-2008, 04:38 PM
you guys are very right, im so impatient! i think i will just wait a week or so.. i should control myself, but the cuteness!!! ahh! haha

LBoz
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel....it's so hard to wait! It really is best, though. See, I think that's why you should always have several snakes. Buy another one in a few weeks, so while that one is settling, you can play with this one, then as a few more weeks go by, get another and you'll now have two to play with while he's settling, and then....well, you get the idea! :cheers:

EmJagsz
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
I know exactly how you feel....it's so hard to wait! It really is best, though. See, I think that's why you should always have several snakes. Buy another one in a few weeks, so while that one is settling, you can play with this one, then as a few more weeks go by, get another and you'll now have two to play with while he's settling, and then....well, you get the idea! :cheers:

Hahaha I love this idea!! :D

Jimmysan00
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Great topic because I too just got a cornsnake and couldn't wait to handle it, but i saw a lot of research said 3-7 days was needed to allow the snake to settle in. I did get lucky and was able to handle her in the petstore, and that's how i chose her. She was the most docile/friendly, and out going of the 3 cornsnakes they had. And I got to pick her up into her viv. I believe she's adapting fine. I have two Hides setup one on each side of the tank, and she's only gone into the one on the warm side. So i know this might be a sign that she's not that comfortable yet. Patience is a virtue, and it's one i'm learning.