PDA

View Full Version : Damaged scales?

Damaged scales?

JustineNYC
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I had Tula out tonight and I noticed on 2 places on her left side, her scales are withered down to almost nothing. Its only on one side...

Any idea what this is?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/HomeDepotGurl/IMG_1232.jpg

Jessicat
09-02-2008, 07:46 AM
My best guess is scale rot. I'm not sure though. I really just wanted to comment because Tula also looks very skinny. What is her feeding schedule like? :awcrap:

JustineNYC
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Greeeeat. What do I do for scale rot?

Tula is my problem child. She is a regurger who eats when she wants, maybe, and goes on hunger strikes before and after sheds.

I cant get a look at her today cause she ate last night. The only thing thats changed environment wise is, shes gotten so bad with eating, the only way to get her to feed is to leave her in the deli cup with the mouse overnight.

Where do they get scale rot from?

Putty
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Looks more like burns or repeated rubbing to me...

Scale rot is usually caused my continuous high humidity touching the scales.

JustineNYC
09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Burns is out, I have all my heat pads unplugged for the summer. And her belly is fine, their only on her side. I wonder if she does "laps" in her deli cup trying to get out, if that caused it.

RicardoCruz005
09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Might be scale rot. I believe Neo-Sporin( Regular, not the pain releiving kind ) and repeated changing of her bedding will help her condtion. Although the best thing to do would be to take it to your local exotic/reptile vet in my opinion. If the condition worsens, make sure you do that. Hope I helped and that your snake gets better.