PDA

View Full Version : Stressed Out

Stressed Out

Rizelle
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
We had just lost and found our four (five? ) week old snake.
Using method with tape along the walls, found him this morning but after getting him out, we put him into his case. It's been a good amount of hours since then, and his breathing is erratic.
We figured he'd be stress: is there anything we can do to calm him down?
Leave him be for awhile?

bitsy
09-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, leave him alone. Make sure he has the correct temperature range in his tank, give him clean water and plenty of hides. Then leave him be and check him tomorrow morning. Try draping a towel over the front and sides of the tank so he isn't disturbed by movement in the room.

3CardKnight
09-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Congratulations of finding Zeke so quickly. When mine escaped, it took me 6 nights until she was found(or rather, she found my dog and scared her out of a night's sleep...funny story but that's for another post). Hope Zeke recovers quickly. Any updates...?

Rizelle
09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Congratulations of finding Zeke so quickly. When mine escaped, it took me 6 nights until she was found(or rather, she found my dog and scared her out of a night's sleep...funny story but that's for another post). Hope Zeke recovers quickly. Any updates...?

He seems to like hiding more, but he's calmed down I think; Rizzy's actually more calmer now; he doesn't like to hide as much.

mmgmm1
09-20-2008, 11:23 PM
thats great to hear my snake is like a daily thing escaping 4 times a day but easy to find

doortech9
09-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Locking plastic containers, like rubbermaid or sterlite, are cheap and plentiful almost anywhere you could live. Invest in one, provide adequate ventilation, and snake seek no more.

http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=37#