PDA

View Full Version : PEARLISH EYES (not in shed)

PEARLISH EYES (not in shed)

Andrea S
07-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Well a friend of mine has an adult amelanistic cornsnake who developed a strange eyes problem.
She was succesfully bred and all the eggs hatched without any problem. She was 3 years old but she is a picky eater, let's say she's 30" long and quite thin. Anyway, as I said, all the breeding process went fine.
After she laid the eggs she started developing a pearlish colour into her eye, than she developed the same thing into th other eye, too.
Obviously it's not the shedding process, since she layed more than 3 months ago and that pearlish colour is becaoming more evident. It has nothing to do with the opaque matter of the shedding process. I cannot post a pic, anyway the reddish colour (being amel) and the pupil is still visible, but the pearlish appearance is very evident. It looks like when you take a pic with the flash, and the snake's eye become so bright...

I don't know what it's happening, I keep cornsnakes since many years but this problems looks new to me.

Any suggestion on what it's happening ? :confused:

Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english (I am italian)

Bye Bye,
Andrea S.

13mur 6
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Could be a cataract of some sort. Have a vet take a look, he/she'll probably know better...

-Lemur 6

Rachel
07-29-2003, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I agree with 13mur6. From the description you gave it sounds like the snake has developed catracts.