PDA

View Full Version : Funny story...

Funny story...

Suzy
09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I just wanted to tell you guys the story of my snake shedding. I got him in June of this year, and I had always been really interested in watching snakes shedding. (I should note that i'm a fan of the UFC, and once a month (when it's on), I go over to a friend's house and watch the fights.)
On July 1st, my snake was in blue. He cleared up, and on July 5th, he shed. Unfortunately for me, I was watching the UFC events at my friend's house. I was mildly annoyed, but it was his first shed with me, so I overlooked it.
On August 6th, he went into blue yet again. On August 10th, he shed. Once again, I was at a UFC event, and missed it. And now, he's in shed again. The shocker? This Saturday is yet another UFC event.
Now, I don't know if it's just bad luck, or if he somehow knows that I won't be home to possibly see him shed, but it's really driving me crazy! One of these days i'd really like to see him shed, but at the same time, I don't want to miss a UFC event just to try and catch him shedding.
I just thought i'd share that with you guys. It's kind of humorous to me, but at the same time a little bit frustrating. I know that it's not very easy to see a snake shedding (unless you're in the room with it 24/7), but it would be nice if I could at least have the chance to see it!
Thanks for listening to my rant/story. :)

JoshnJJ
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Lol, there's a good chance of TiVo...
I think it's time for you to get one!

dakota11
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Well you could always videotape his viv while you are out. There is a corn on utube shows the snake during the entire shed pretty cool. btw I havent seen either of mine shed either but I always find the shed near the front of the viv so they must do it in the open

Tracee
09-05-2008, 04:39 AM
I think he knows ;)

You'll see it, one day. It might be years away, but you'll catch him at it at some point!

I got home yesterday to find my beast had shed during the day and it was the first complete one for over a year, which was a nice surprise. He's massive and just rips it to shreds normally. I have probably only seen him shed hmm... 4 or 5 times in 8 years. So if you're really keen to see a shed, you might want to set up that camera :)

Suzy
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Lol, there's a good chance of TiVo...
I think it's time for you to get one!

haha - if I got the UFC events at home, that would work perfectly. ;) Unfortunately for me, i'll be about 10 miles away in the next town over.

Suzy
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Well you could always videotape his viv while you are out. There is a corn on utube shows the snake during the entire shed pretty cool. btw I havent seen either of mine shed either but I always find the shed near the front of the viv so they must do it in the open

True...I'd have to rig it up to a VCR, though. I only have a digital camera, and it's only got about 5 minutes worth of video.
Yeah, that's exactly where i've found all of my snake's. I'm sure he's just taunting me. :( I'll see it one day, hopefully.

Suzy
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I think he knows ;)

You'll see it, one day. It might be years away, but you'll catch him at it at some point!

I got home yesterday to find my beast had shed during the day and it was the first complete one for over a year, which was a nice surprise. He's massive and just rips it to shreds normally. I have probably only seen him shed hmm... 4 or 5 times in 8 years. So if you're really keen to see a shed, you might want to set up that camera :)

I do too! :D
Yeah - maybe when he's fully grown. haha - I can hope. I'm also going to get a Black Milk here in the next month or so, so maybe that one won't be such a brat, and let me see it shed!
That's good news! My snake's first shed was in 3 pieces (not enough humidity), the second was almost complete with the exception of about 2 inches on his tail (which was shed seperately), so i'm hoping this one will be complete. I've been misting him daily, so hopefully that's been helping.
Wow. I hope I can see more sheds than that! haha - i'm almost tempted to just skip the UFC event, but there are going to be some really good fights.