PDA

View Full Version : Flu and cold question

Flu and cold question

oryx_gazella
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I currently have the flu and am worried that I could pass it onto my snakes.

My first reaction is that, probably, they can't catch colds/ flu from humans, but I am not 100% sure of this.

If anyone could tell me more about if snakes can catch flu/ colds from humans then that would be great :)

Sorry if this question has already been asked before.

Jimmysan00
09-11-2008, 10:52 PM
wow, Good question I haven't seen this post yet. I do know Human flu can be deadly to iguanas... Mouth rot in snakes has been shown to be the same as the human staph infection.. I'd advise to use common sense and stay away from the snake as much as possible and take care of your health first so you don't risk your snakes health. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

oryx_gazella
09-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Flu can be deadly to Iguanas? 0_o Wow, I had no idea....good thing I don't have any Iguanas.

But thank you for your responce, I recently cleaned out the snake's vivs, when I didn't have the flu, so my snakes should be ok for while which gives me time to get better :)

Jimmysan00
09-12-2008, 07:45 AM
No Problem sorry i couldn't be more helpful. I'm not a vet

snakewispera snr
09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Are you sure you got the flu. (a lot of people call the common cold the flu...It's not....Flu is a lot more serious and can cause death in some cases)

Maybe you just have a cold.....Or if you were the Royal family...One has a chill...LOL

LBoz
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
LOL! That's funny.

I think people use the term "flu" much like we use the term (in the US) Kleenex (meaning any type of facial tissue) or Xerox (copying a document, even if it's on an HP copier ;) )

oryx_gazella
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Are you sure you got the flu. (a lot of people call the common cold the flu...It's not....Flu is a lot more serious and can cause death in some cases)

Maybe you just have a cold.....Or if you were the Royal family...One has a chill...LOL

Lol, well I do live in England so I might say I have a chill, but... I would say that I have a very mild case of flu, not serious flu because if I did have serious flu then I would have seen a doctor by now.

For the record, I am a lot better now :)