PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!! Worms??

Help Please!! Worms??

susuba
09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I was cleaning Candy's cage and in her water dish i found what looked like a round or hook worm and an egg clutch. She also bit me today which she had NEVER done. My cat's have worms right now ( i took in some foster kittens..:-/) and my 2 adult cat's love to sit on her screen and look down at her..she amazes them :) Anywho, I'm not sure if maybe one dropped into her dish or if she has them. I want to be safe though so is there any kind of medicine that i can give her? Also, where can I get it? Thanks!!!!!:awcrap:

Jimmysan00
09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Go to the vet ASAP

Nanci
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Are there worms (maggots) with the eggs? I'd take a poop sample to the vet and see if she has worms. It's easy to treat- usually four visits to the vet for tube worming a week apart. Snakes can get worms from eating mice that have worms.

susuba
09-12-2008, 09:20 PM
She's out now...i think i may have spooked her this morning.

susuba
09-12-2008, 09:23 PM
oh and they definitly arent maggots. thats what i thought at first, but after working with cats for so long, i can tell that theyre the same exact ones that mine have. Can i just take her to my regular vet? I dont kno where theres a herp vet around here. Im in the phill area. Anyone know?

Nanci
09-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Look in the phone book for a vet that does exotics. Usually if they do birds, they do reptiles.

susuba
09-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)