PDA

View Full Version : Shedding issue w/tip of tail

Shedding issue w/tip of tail

Druantia
09-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey guys. First off, thanks for all the good advice you didn't know you were giving me. I think I've had a pretty good handle on things so far with my first snake, and anytime I was anxious about something your posts reassured me that I was doing the right thing.

Now for the request for help - yesterday I noticed that the very tip of Pandora's tail hadn't completely shed (she last shed a few days ago). I read recently about some of you letting your corns go for a swim so I decided to give it a shot, hoping it would 1. give her some exercise and 2. soften the skin on her tail so I could rub it off. Well she loved bath-time and when I took her out and let her slither through a paper towel the skin on her tail came off as expected. Unfortunately it looks like the tip had remained during the last few sheds because it is really raw looking and there is an indent where the skin came off. It's only the very-very end. Should I just put a little peroxide on it a few times a day and hope for the best? Or is it vet time?

Poor thing - I feel so bad for not noticing it before. TYIA everyone!

Nanci
09-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I'd just put some triple antibiotic ointment on the tail tip- it should heal.

Druantia
09-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I'd just put some triple antibiotic ointment on the tail tip- it should heal.

Thanks - but in my case, the skin has come off and now it's raw and red. I'm wondering what I should do to treat that, if anything.

Druantia
09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry Nanci. I thought I was quoting your first post with the link to the other thread and wasn't paying attention. Ignore me. :-) Thanks!

Nanci
09-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Sorry- I fixed it when I read the whole question!