PDA

View Full Version : Worried =o(

Worried =o(

Jenni2126
09-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi, all! I am a new/first time owner. I have a baby Amelanistic Corn Snake which I believe is a she. I've just had her a little over a week. She is currently in a 20 gallon viv with under tank heater, two hides.Temp in viv is pretty much around 84 degrees. Since she is a baby and new, I have limited her handling to about 5 minutes a day. On Thursday, I noticed that she was going into pre-shed, so I did not handle her any more than necessary. Saturday was our first feeding. I did some research and it was pretty much determined that I should offer the pinkie and see if she would eat. I thawed a frozen pinkie by placing it in a ziploc bac and submersing it in very warm water. The pinky was warm and pliable upon feeding and she ate it no problem. Last night I went to empty her water and add fresh and noticed that she had regurged. Now I know that it could be several things. I think the temp in the viv is ok. I've tried to do everything right! I reasearched and set up the viv before I even got her. Would the shedding possibly cause the regurge? Is there anything that I can do different? :awcrap:

Jenni2126
09-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi, all! I am a new/first time owner. I have a baby Amelanistic Corn Snake which I believe is a she. I've just had her a little over a week. She is currently in a 20 gallon viv with under tank heater, two hides.Temp in viv is pretty much around 84 degrees. Since she is a baby and new, I have limited her handling to about 5 minutes a day. On Thursday, I noticed that she was going into pre-shed, so I did not handle her any more than necessary. Saturday was our first feeding. I did some research and it was pretty much determined that I should offer the pinkie and see if she would eat. I thawed a frozen pinkie by placing it in a ziploc bac and submersing it in very warm water. The pinky was warm and pliable upon feeding and she ate it no problem. Last night I went to empty her water and add fresh and noticed that she had regurged. Now I know that it could be several things. I think the temp in the viv is ok. I've tried to do everything right! I reasearched and set up the viv before I even got her. Would the shedding possibly cause the regurge? Is there anything that I can do different? :awcrap:

I forgot to mention that I came home today and she had a complete, and perfect shed.

Thanks!

jpccusa
09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had a regurge. I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice here.
I'm a newbie, and the only advice I can offer right now is lots of rest and 10 days of fasting for your baby.

akki_neko
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Some snakes, if fed while they are in shed, do regurgitate. Don't bother her for 10 days, and then try feeding her a pinkie head. How big was she in comparison to the pinkie? The general rule is to feed them pinkies no larger than 1.5 times the thickest part of their bodies.

alan
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
If you haven't already read the sticky at the top of this forum there is a FAQ from Kathy Love regarding regurges.