PDA

View Full Version : Source List

Source List

Drewby07
09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
So I thought it would be great to compile a list of sources for those hard-to-find DIY parts and pieces.....Here are a few of my faves, I will add more as time allows (and as I remember them)

Temperature controller - These are one of my favorite gadgets! They can be found on ebay and the like, usually for less than $50. I've used them to control incubators, rack heat, even to control my glass kiln that gets up to 1500°F....They take a little wiring knowledge, but they are awesome to work with....you can even rig up alarms, etc if your temp gets too high. Dependable brands include Watlow and Omega.

Sciplus.com (http://www.sciplus.com) - This is every geek's dream website! They sell everything from lab glassware like beakers and test tubes to robot parts....all relatively cheaply! I can't even begin to list all the hard to find little gadgets I've gotten from them over the years.

That's all I can think of at this second....anyone else? :cheers:

doortech9
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Your first link didnt work out drew. That surplus site is carazy! I could spend hours browsing all the oddities and hard to find goodies on there.

Drewby07
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh sorry....I wasn't actually trying to make a link.....but they are easily found on ebay by searching for "temp controller"