PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing head against things after eating?

Rubbing head against things after eating?

Kazarus
09-27-2008, 02:23 AM
I just fed my corn a pinkie. According to the Munson plan, it was fine. A 1.9g pinkie for my 10g corn with the last feeding being 5 days ago.

I don't really think anything is wrong, but after my corn finished eating the pinkie and got it to the middle of the stomach, he began rubbing his head on the carpet substrate and on the glass of the tank, even flipping his head upside down twice.

Maybe he was just convulsing a little bit as he used his muscles to push the pinkie down? At the moment he's slithering around as normal, I'm waiting for him to go to his hide and rest like usual. Temperature is good, around 81 degrees right now.

The_Thunderer
09-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Don't worry about it. Some of my snakes do that every time they eat. Part of me thinks it is to help reset their jaws. Another part makes me think that they're wiping off the scent of prey.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I do know that you don't need to worry about it. :cool:

alan
09-27-2008, 02:49 AM
You're right, nothing's wrong. Mine has always done the same thing. When she gets the mouse to the point where it is comfortable for her to move around she sets her jaw, rubs her face on things, then gets a huuuge drink.

Kazarus
09-27-2008, 03:10 AM
Thanks! Always good to know mine isn't the only one ;)

Jadie.Glitch
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow, none of mine exhibit this behaviour (and I have 8 snakes)... the only thing I see is them looking for more food (fatties!)... they zoom around licking the air and when there is nothing else presented to them they find a spot to curl up and sleep (they don't even take that big drink that Alan mentioned his do).

Maybe MINE are the crazy ones ^_^.

doortech9
09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I've had that happen before. Sometimes after mine eat they bite the bottom of the feeding tub. Looks silly but I'm sure there is a reason for such behavior.