PDA

View Full Version : First regurg

First regurg

Skye
08-03-2003, 12:28 AM
One of my new hatchlings was offered a F/T pinkie after it had had its first shed.
It ate it down slowly, but the next day regurgitated it.
How long should I wait before offering the next one? Does one wait as long as for adults?
Thanks, Skye

Tim Madsen
08-03-2003, 12:36 AM
10 days.

Taceas
08-03-2003, 01:26 PM
that 10 days is a good safe time frame before attempting to feed again. It gives time for the stomach and esophagus to recouperate from the trauma of a highly acidic meal going where it's not intended.

Btw, I would look into why it regurgitated and try and correct the problem. Sounds like to me if it was eating it slowly anyway, the pinkie may have been a bit too large.

I'd try a pinkie smaller than the first, or perhaps just a pinkie head instead of the whole body. That is if you're up for the grizzly affair. ;)

Best of luck to you and your little one. =)

Skye
08-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for your help guys.
I do think the pinkie was too big, but since it got it down I thought it would be ok. Its a learning process. I get smaller ones, and sharpen my knives...
I'll leave it for 10 days now - that's how long I leave adults when this occurs (not often I hasten to add) - I just hadn't realised you could leave a hatchling so long.
Thanks again, Skye