PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Spice died..

Pumpkin Spice died..

Cinnamon the Snake
10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I came home today and I thought she was dead. She wasn't moving, I picked her up and she moved a little, but she had no energy whatsoever. It was about 8:00pm when I called the vet and then rushed over. This isn't snake relevant, but I got completely lost and it was just terrible. I got onto the wrong highway, and somehow got trapped in a truck weighing station, and it was so dark, and i couldn't see where I was going. All this time, i was so worried she would die on the way. It took my 45 minutes to get there. I got her there, and they said the prognosis was terrible, but we could give her a shot, either way. I decided to have them give her a shot, and have her stay over night just to make sure she was okay. The doctor just called me a few minutes ago to tell me that she died.

She said that PS smelled funny, like she was decomposing inside. She probably had an infection that came about from the Blister Disease. She couldn't tell right from down, and when the Dr lifted the scales, she could tell that she had been bleeding, and the infection may have caused hemorrhages.. Anyway. I just wanted to say that. just really depressing.

chemical69
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM
sorry to hear man thats terrible my corn looks just like yours and im worried for it to because i gave it a fuzzy when it wasnt ready for it. Now im worried for its life and he/she isnt being very active but hopefully it will get back on track. anyways sorry bout ur loss man i suggest u get another and start over make sure it looks healthy good luck!

Jadie.Glitch
10-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that... ~_~

Cobra Kai
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
My condolences. I’m so sorry. :(

feygirl
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I am so very sorry:(. sending hugs your way

measley
10-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is always a terrible experience. my thoughts are with you.

jenneses
10-03-2008, 12:04 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Calift
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm awfully sorry!! (I'm still on the look-out for my creamsicle) :(

The_Thunderer
10-03-2008, 12:54 AM
My best regards and condolences....

Rich in KY
10-03-2008, 12:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :awcrap: R.I.P. Pumpkin Spice

Maize411
10-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss..I also lost a snake today..my baby snow corn Syn..I found him dead and judging by the smell, he might have been dead for about a day...Losing a pet is a terrible feeling. I know you didn't have your snake long but always remember the good times you had and keep PS in your memory..Rest peacefully Pumpkin Spice :0(

Allison
10-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like a fluke and I hope you decide to stay with the hobby. Good thoughts headed your way.

RavenSpirit360
10-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss :( My thoughts are with you..

ziggybond_007
10-03-2008, 03:26 AM
I am so sorry...

Filardimarg2
10-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about both of your losses.
Marg.

akki_neko
10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, you did your best. My condolences.

a_god_s
10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
It's hard to lose a little one. Sorry for your loss

Cinnamon the Snake
10-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks very much everyone. My vet (who is just great) called the pet store and told them about the snake. They are offering to give me a free one. I'm just not sure if I want to get another one from them, or just not another one just this soon.

Hypancistrus
10-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

Em Wright
10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey, sorry to hear about you losing the snake. *HUGS* Do what feels right to you, that's the best advice I can offer. If you feel you need to wait, then do so, there will always be plenty of snakes out there for you. :) *HUGS again*

Good luck and once again I'm really sorry that you lost your baby.

Em.

doortech9
10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
So sorry to hear that :( It's always hard to lose a pet.
I hope it isn't too long before you open your heart to
a new corn, if that's in your future. )()(HUGS)()(

Bluebird
10-03-2008, 10:07 PM
....so sorry that you lost her..

Nanci
10-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks very much everyone. My vet (who is just great) called the pet store and told them about the snake. They are offering to give me a free one. I'm just not sure if I want to get another one from them, or just not another one just this soon.

That is nice of the store to make that offer. Pumpkin had a very strange disease, though, so I would be cautious of getting a snake from the same source. Maybe they would allow you to get it vet-checked first. I do think that it would be best to get another baby soon- you don't want to be lonely!

I had this pigeon once, and I loved that bird more than anything. He was my best friend and stuck with me through a tornado wrecking my house and my mom dying. I'd come home from working nights- he'd fly out to the end of the driveway and either fly into the window of my truck or scramble on the windshield till I'd let him in- and I'd sit out in the barn with him drinking tea and giving him sips. He followed me around like a dog. He lived outside. One day, after I'd had him about eight months, my husband and I left in the evening for a Christmas party. Dilbert flew down to the end of the driveway with us, and then back home. I never saw him again. I refused to get another pigeon, EVER. I was so heartbroken. Then, about a year and a half later, my daughter got me a baby pigeon for Mother's Day. It was the best thing, and I should have done it sooner. That was my pigeon Dillbird, who I still have today, 13 years later. (No, he doesn't live outside!!!)

Caryl
10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Pumpkin Spice. I'm also sorry about your awful trip in the dark while you were worried. At least you'll always know that you did all that could be done. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way.