PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new snake

Looking for a new snake

Calift
10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I can't believe I'm looking for a new snake...but I have yet to spot my loose hatchling, and am slowly losing hope. :(

I'm only going to be back in the states for a weekend (next one coming) and it's the only visit I can get in before Christmas....therefore I'm in a bit of a rush to order soon.

Not really looking for anything specific, open to anything. Snake will be very well cared for in a *very* secure home.

JoannaD
10-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm in MA and will be in Weymouth at the NE Herps Society's show next week. I have normals, aneries, amels, amel mots, ultramel, ghosts, hyposnows....

Calift
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh great Jodu...I had no idea that was coming up!

Its a bit of a drive (2.5 hours), and after driving 7 hours home, not sure if I can make...but I will definitely try.

Do you know how large it usually is? Also, do any of the vendors sell bulk frozen feeders?

JoannaD
10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
The society sells frozen feeders and there is also someone else who can sell some. He is in Worcester and I have his telephone number, I think!

Wow I did not realize how far away you were. If you can't make it but want oneof my snakes I bet I can ship to you inexpensively.

marchettid
10-07-2008, 04:58 PM
sent you a personal message on here, and an email.

Mysfitz
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
depending on where your located in canada why not buy in canada?
buying locally in canada from a breeder will be cheaper then having one shipped to your US address in most cases.

Calift
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi Mysfitz, I haven't been able to locate that many breeders in Canada. I know there are a few on here, but most of them are in BC which is way furthur than any new england or eastern state. Everything in canada seems like it's a lot more expensive as well, not to mention a bit more limited selection.

TandJ
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
depending on where your located in canada why not buy in canada?
buying locally in canada from a breeder will be cheaper then having one shipped to your US address in most cases.

Umm.. Because they have made a choice like a lot of Canadian Breeders/Hobbiest to purchase animals from the US.. *shrugs*

Regards... Tim of T and J

ForkedTung
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Can you just come here pick up a snake and drive it back across the border? Is that legal? Just curious?

TandJ
10-18-2008, 08:45 PM
What was I thinking? Buy from me, I am Canadian ( Natrual Canadian at that ), I just exist in So Cal..

I don't think there is to much to do to actually import a single animal into Canada from the US.. Just a bill of sale and the latin name of the species and of course, checking Provincial laws about the legallities of such snakes, etc etc etc..

Regards.. Tim of T and J