PDA

View Full Version : Worried about feeding

Worried about feeding

DiscipleRayne
10-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm going to feed my corn snake for the first time, and I'm a little put off. Everyone says to feed the snake in a seperate container, and not mess with it for at least 2 days. But, I don't have another container I can keep it in for the first night, and somehow I have a feeling if I try to get the snake from the feeding container back to the cage after feeding I'm going to get puked on or bit. I'm not really sure what to do about this. :headbang:

Nanci
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
You just need one of those little gladware bowls that you get at the grocery store, or the deli cup the snake came in, with air holes. She doesn't have to stay overnight, just till the pink is into her stomach, about a third of the way down her body- it'll stop moving. Then you either gently pick her up and put her backor tip her out of the container back into her viv, without letting her drop more than a couple inches. Don't worry, she won't regurgitate if you just gently move her, and she's less likely to bite after you feed her than at other times.

DiscipleRayne
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Alright, thanks!

Nanci
10-06-2008, 03:03 PM
While she's in the feeding container, you have the chance to spot clean her viv and change her water without bothering her!

DiscipleRayne
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
As a side note, sorry for the double post. But as a side note (o_o) he's not a hatchling, he's 3 1/2 feet long, not sure his exact age however, bought him from a local breeder but forgot to ask. He's a nice little guy :), and he eats fuzzys.

Nanci
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
http://tinyurl.com/4fzpwr Post #5 is the bin I use for nearly all of my adults. You don't even need to put air holes in it. Walmart sells them. Unlike most of the shoeboxes, you don't need extra clips. The only two escapes I have had have been from feeding containers- so I don't use the plain shoebox type for that any more.

DiscipleRayne
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Just fed him, the lumps in the right position, moving him now. (I gave him time to get ready don't worry)

DiscipleRayne
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Done ^_^ perfect, thanks nanci, I'm new at this.

Nanci
10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Congratulations! Depending on the breeder's feeding methods, either he knew exactly what was going on, or he thinks you've lost your mind. Either way, he's happy to eat!

DiscipleRayne
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The guy who I bought the snake (Cyrus) cares about the snakes alot, and he surely knows what hes doing. Cyrus ate it instantly, no problems.

Nanci
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I meant the snake...