PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: BABY CORN SNAKE

WANTED: BABY CORN SNAKE

cdoreptiles
10-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey! I am really interested in buying a corn snake. I do not care what kind just send pictures and information of it. The most i will take, SHIPPED is $50. email me at: ekans102008@yahoo.com

RobbiesCornField
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Like someone said in the other thread: NO ONE is going to sell it to you for $50 SHIPPED. The shipping alone is $50! Your best bet is to find a local breeder.

Nanci
10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
IDK, someone might sell a normal for $50 shipped.

Chip
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
He's in Maryland, I'm close by and it's still a whopping 3 dollar gross to ship him a snake.

RobbiesCornField
10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
IDK, someone might sell a normal for $50 shipped.

It all depends on how much the shipping is going to cost. Most places I've seen charge $40 - $50+ just for shipping.

Chip
10-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm paying $47 for my shipment of baby albino hogs, they are going roughly the same distance. I have corns I'd about give away, but my time packing them up and getting the carrier is worth more than 3 bucks. Not to mention expenses of raising them so far this year.

cdoreptiles
10-18-2008, 08:53 AM
elrojo,
r u saying u can ship me a snake for just 3 dollars fofr shipping? where in md are you? im in potomac

Chip
10-18-2008, 09:31 AM
No. I'm not saying that at all. Nor am I in Maryland.

ForkedTung
10-18-2008, 09:51 AM
cdoreptiles, How old are you? I'm asking because some people will not even consider shipping to others whom are under a certain age without speaking to a parent/guardian. If you can only afford 50$ for the snake how do you plan on paying for food etc? Do you have a set-up for the snake as well?

measley
10-18-2008, 09:52 AM
elrojo,
r u saying u can ship me a snake for just 3 dollars fofr shipping? where in md are you? im in potomac

to quote robbiescornfield,

"you" is a word, not just a letter. Please, and thank you.

have you done your homework? If you succeed in getting a snake, do you know how to properly care for it? Do you have the money to buy it a proper enclosure and food?

I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but reading these posts, I have a red flag going off in my mind...

bekers71
10-18-2008, 10:02 AM
You need to find a local breeder or save more money. Basically for $50 you are asking for a free snake. And most sellers would have to get your parents permission seeing as how you are under the age of 18.

For those of you asking about age, I think he is 13. Judge for your selves:

http://www.youtube.com/cexotics

http://cexotics.weebly.com/index.html

LBoz
10-18-2008, 10:08 AM
One says he's 22, the other says 13. Gee.....which could be true.

*sigh* Thanks, Becky....there went 47 seconds I'll never get back again. :-poke: :laugh:

bekers71
10-18-2008, 10:11 AM
I do have to admit that watching the youtube video it does look like he takes good care of his snakes. So that's a good thing.

measley
10-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I do have to admit that watching the youtube video it does look like he takes good care of his snakes. So that's a good thing.

I'm at work and they blocked youtube so I can't check it out but I'll take your word for it. :)

RobbiesCornField
10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm at work and they blocked youtube so I can't check it out but I'll take your word for it. :)

From what I can see in the vids, he also looks 12.

torsten
10-18-2008, 11:03 AM
We've got: Normals($20), Amels($27), Albinos($27), Hypos($35), Anerys($25), Blizzards($45). EMAIL ME TO PLACE AN ORDER!

that website says you have these available, may someone kindly explain to me the differences between an albino and an amel as you have both of these for sale?? ;) ;) LOL

RobbiesCornField
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
that website says you have these available, may someone kindly explain to me the differences between an albino and an amel as you have both of these for sale?? ;) ;) LOL

What, you didn't read the LOOOOOONG "discussion" a little while back when a few members got into it over this terminology? It was a good one!

torsten
10-18-2008, 11:17 AM
ha, i though that was a hybino / hypoamel but i sippose it did touch on that issue.... LOL

well still in the case what is the difference? ;)

bekers71
10-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Now boys, there is no need to flame a kid who's trying to get a snake cheap. Obviously he takes care of them as you can see from the video. He's probably still learning and that's what places like CS.com is for, right? ;)

torsten
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
yep CS.com is great for learning new stuff!!!

but i only pointed it out because he is publicly advertising them and i would hate for him to have the embarrassment of trying to explain the difference to a potential customer!! i was just pointing it out so it could be corrected in some way.

it was not intended as a flaming just as an observation that could be corrected, sorry if it did not come across that way.

RobbiesCornField
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
ha, i though that was a hybino / hypoamel but i sippose it did touch on that issue.... LOL

well still in the case what is the difference? ;)

Was that meant for me, or the OP?

torsten
10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
the second part was for the OP but the first part was in response to you.

ForkedTung
10-18-2008, 12:05 PM
yep CS.com is great for learning new stuff!!!

but i only pointed it out because he is publicly advertising them and i would hate for him to have the embarrassment of trying to explain the difference to a potential customer!! i was just pointing it out so it could be corrected in some way.

it was not intended as a flaming just as an observation that could be corrected, sorry if it did not come across that way.

cdoreptiles: I'm not sure if I understand, You have 3 snakes and all are a different species, but according to your website you are selling cornsnakes? How is that? Are you trying to get them for free and then flipping them? I think if you want to be a breeder you should try breeding first. Flipping snakes for an immediate profit is not only poorly looked upon IMHO, but is bad husbandry for a variety of reasons. If this is not the case I apologize, but I don't see how it could be any other way if you're not producing them?