PDA

View Full Version : I think i know why.

I think i know why.

Filardimarg2
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Some time ago I put a post on here about the price of pinkies in different parts of the country, well they are 60p each in the town i live but where my Daughter lives they are only 27p each. So i have been stocking up when i go to see her, but thought how small they were, weighed one last night & it only weighed 1gr, so got some of the ones from here & they are between 2 & 3 gr each, so that is possibly the reason they are cheap.
Marg.

wycherley
10-21-2008, 11:08 AM
have you definatly got mouse pinks and not rat ones :)

airenlow
10-21-2008, 11:35 AM
At my local pet shop pinkies and fuzzies are $1.19 while adult mice are $1.39. I'm trying to think of a good way to say this...is your daughters neighborhood a little uppity? Our shop on the "rich side of town" charges more for their feeders just because their costumers can afford it.

Filardimarg2
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh yes they are mouse pinks, just the difference from one part of the country to another, well that's what i think anyway. They look identical but just that much bigger.
Marg.

Filardimarg2
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Josh, they are more expensive here where i live, not where my daughter lives, but she lives near to Oxford, because of the area, i would of thought they would of been more expensive near to her not me.
Marg.

airenlow
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Josh, they are more expensive here where i live, not where my daughter lives, but she lives near to Oxford, because of the area, i would of thought they would of been more expensive near to her not me.
Marg.

Sorry...I had it backwards. But if thats the case then my idea is shot anyway. :cool:

bitsy
10-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Depends where they came from. There's a shortage of lab-bred rodents in the UK at the moment. My local reptile shop are having to drive a van over to Holland and collect stocks from a private breeder. That's put the price of mine up by a chunk over the last six months.

Filardimarg2
10-22-2008, 07:46 AM
That's interesting, I really don't know where they come from, don't like to ask, they are not very nice people in the shop.
Marg.

tesiacoil
10-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I've noticed then when I get my hoppers, they've been mixing rats and mice in. Pinkies are $0.90 a piece here.