• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bloody stupid snake

Anel & Dirk

Cornvicted troublemaker
Although I love him 2 bits, my snake is irritating the rum outa me!

He won't take F/T! Even the whole dangly thing doesn't work, he strikes, lets go and then looks for where my hands got in, and beware if I want to take the bloody pinky out again!

HELP!:confused:

Does your snake just want live? If so, and you have a live pinky, maybe you could put a live one in just to get his interest, and then do a switch to f/t at the last minute. Or else, if he is big enough for two pinks, maybe he will eat one live one and then eat f/t on the second one just to get him started with f/t. Also, make sure the f/t pinky is warm, and this sometimes helps.
Mark

The whole thing started when trying to get him onto two pinks, but I'm either gonna starve him 4 a week or try a completely new approach to introducing food to his cage.

try feeding him in a small separate container, and rubbing the pinky on a mouse or something live. Often f/t s don't smell appetizing enough- Or when you dethaw the pinky, put it in a small plastic bag and warm that up in hot water (they smell wonderfully 'mousey' this way, i think it traps in the smell)

i agree with snakeladyamy, he might not want to eat because its in his cage. That might be why hes bitting you. every time you stick your hand in there he thinks its feeding time.
try in a seperate container. Heres a pic of my snow eatting in a seperate container.

Attachments

• dsc01096.jpg
    dsc01096.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 74
Just clarifying things

I am feeding him in a seperate cage, and the problems not him biting me, it's him not eating da second pinkie!

He might just not be hungry enough for the 2nd one.
I don't think not feeding your snake would really be considered "starving" him though since snakes can go a while without food.
YOu might try offering him a brained f/t pinkie, or half a pinkie at the next feeding. Lots of times, once they smell the yummy blood and juices, they go right for it without questioning the fact that it's f/t. Maybe you could try that for a few feeding sessions, and if it's successful, then try offering him a whole f/t pinkie.
Tip: Frozen pinkies are easy to snap in half when they're frozen. It sure beats sawing a thawed one in half.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Back