PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Steps?

Shedding Steps?

MyLittleGuyCyrus
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Cyrus came out of blueing yesterday (I guess thats how you say it) and now I am wondering what to do from here. I don't notice anything. Should I be seeing loose skin or what? How long should it take for him to shed now that his eyes are clear? He looks normal to me, almost like he already shed accept that he is still dull looking.

I took him out last night to love on him when I saw his eyes were clear and he was back to his sweet self, he was a tad "bitchy" while blue. He never tried to strike at me, but he did coil up at me. When I held him he was freaking out, so I just put him back in the viv and let him chill until I saw his eyes clear. He also skipped his meal. I know this is all normal behavior for a lot of snakes in this stage, but does their attitude change after their eyes clear but before they shed?

I know this sounds like rambling, hope someone can help!

Nanci
10-30-2008, 12:51 PM
He'll probably look "normal" until he starts to shed. After the shed, you will see that, although you couldn't tell he was blue, now he is brilliant! I have a few that refuse when they are in the clear stage- it doesn't hurt to miss a meal.

disjunto
10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah, my big girl is in blue atm (wahoo, first time in my care), but she is in such a mood I'm not even comfortable trying to handle her (she hisses whenever she hears something close)

Tracee
10-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Imagine being in the vulnerable state of initiating (I guess) shedding and being able to see even less than normal as well. I'd be pretty uncomfortable and grumpy too :)

Cyrus may look clear for a few days before he actually begins to shed. You won't see loose skin, not until he physically starts shedding and the skin starts to roll back. Unfortunately they usually shed in secret but here is what it looks like:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=261

Hopefully you can tell from that what's going on!

MyLittleGuyCyrus
10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Cyrus shed last night and is eating right now as I type! He was in good spirits, so all seems well! Thanks for all your help!