PDA

View Full Version : Help with shedding!

Help with shedding!

tirevy
11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
So Indy cleared up about 2 days ago, so I'm expecting for her to shed any time soon, right? But I thought that she should shed within 48 hours, which it already has been. She's just sitting coiled up in her hide, and hasn't come out at all. Should I try feeding her? Thanks for your help!

Nanci
11-01-2008, 05:39 PM
You can feed her if you want to. She might even shed in her feeding bin! Is her substrate deep enough that she could have buried the shed? I have a couple that do that, shed underground. If not, I wouldn't worry. She'll shed soon!

Elusive
11-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Yeah, so right now i'm watching my snake shed, I fed her earlier today thinking she must have buried it, but alas, she's out and about trying to get it off.

Her shed isnt going good though, all in pieces and such, I hope the last 3 inches come off soon.

Poshey
11-02-2008, 05:57 AM
buried the pinkie?

Iguanagirl8662
11-02-2008, 06:03 AM
buried the pinkie?

No the shed.

If her shed doesn't come all the way off, try giving her a bath and letting her run through a wash cloth. Next time she is about to shed you may have to spray her or give her a bath.

Poshey
11-02-2008, 06:05 AM
ohhhh .ha ha whene say mist the viv that mean spray the viv so its kinda damp?

Iguanagirl8662
11-02-2008, 06:14 AM
ohhhh .ha ha whene say mist the viv that mean spray the viv so its kinda damp?

I never spray the viv cause it can cause mold and bacteria to grow pretty fast, depending on your substrate, so I take them out and spray them down or give them a bath.

Poshey
11-02-2008, 06:16 AM
i have aspen in my viv... a bath?? how do ya bath them?? sorry im new to this have 1 corn

Iguanagirl8662
11-02-2008, 06:23 AM
i have aspen in my viv... a bath?? how do ya bath them?? sorry im new to this have 1 corn

I have Aspen too. Aspen seems to grow moldly with the tiniest bit of water so I wouldn't spray it. To give a corn a bath I either fill up the sink, bath tub, or tuberware container with water till it just covers the back of the corn. They don't seem to like it but I found it helps with mine.

Poshey
11-02-2008, 06:25 AM
as in hold the corn into it his body?? warm water??sure if he is shedding he will be cranky and not wanna be moved

Iguanagirl8662
11-02-2008, 07:10 AM
as in hold the corn into it his body?? warm water??sure if he is shedding he will be cranky and not wanna be moved

When you spray them just hold them but if you give them a bath just let them swim around a bit in warm water make sure it is warm not hot. I never had any problems holding mine for a bit of course I only take them out for 3 minutes or less. I'm sure being held while their eyes are cloudy isn't to fun so I try to make it as short as possible, but like I said my corns have never had a problem with it they act normally.

Poshey
11-02-2008, 07:56 AM
can snakes swim??? he wont drown would he??

measley
11-02-2008, 09:01 AM
No, he won't- I was so scared one time because I gave my baby corn a bath for the first time and he stayed under water for what seemed forever to me but turns out corns can hold their breath for a long time-
so just don't worry about it. I usually make sure though, that the water level isn't too high and part of him can rest on the bottom and poke his head up.