PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling Non-feeders vs. New Non-feeders?

Hatchling Non-feeders vs. New Non-feeders?

simonsays
11-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Should a new non-feeder (as in, has fed successfully before) be treated the same as a hatchling that's never fed successfully?

My little one had two regurges in my care, then ate a half-pink two weeks in a row, then refused his last two feeds (three days apart). One was a whole pink cut into thirds, and the other was just a pink head. I've tried teasing, tuna scenting, and leaving him in a dark container for several hours. Since I already know that he feeds on plain old pinks, without all the tricks, should I just wait awhile to let him de-stress, and attempt the old feeding regimen? Or should I go through all the typical non-feeder strategies?

I should add that I'm worried about waiting too long before another successful feed, as Simon has only successfully digested two 1/2-pinks in my care (in 6 weeks) and is looking somewhat skinny.

Advice appreciated, as always.

Nanci
11-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Is he blue? And three days apart isn't really giving him time to get hungry again...I'd stick with unscented, but VERY hot- that seems to be the most tempting.