PDA

View Full Version : Scales PLEASE READ AND ANSWER

Scales PLEASE READ AND ANSWER

Alex Dew
08-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Hey all

Today I have some swimming trucks on and my snake slithered into my pocket of my swimming trucks when I was not looking and when I tryed to get him out the white mesh in the swimming trunks were tangled on a cuple of his scales. I got it untangled verycarefully but a cuple of the scales came loose a bi and might fall off soon.
Will my corn be ok???

BTW does anyone know a good Ball Python Forum???

Thanks

Alex

AztecPrince
08-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Do you mean swimming trunks?

fateamber
08-11-2003, 11:24 AM
For ball pythons you could go on ssnakess.com then go to the forum and there is a ball python thing! :)

Alex Dew
08-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I mean swimming trunks, sry, lol

So can you help me with it???

Thanks fot he Ball Python thing:D

Alex

drizzt_19
08-11-2003, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't worry about it to much although I would suggest that :

1. You use paper towels as a substrate to help prevent infection

2. You check him every so often for signs of an infection

3.Try not to let him get tangled up in your swimming "trucks" again

If th scales do come off they will eventually heal over after a couple sheds...I'm not a vet, so the above is just a suggestion...Just remember to keep an eye out for any signs of a skin infection....

HTH

Alex Dew
08-11-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks Drizzt

I will keep a close eye on him.
I use paper towes for substait anyway.
I normaly take my corn for a bath lik once a weeks, sall I carry on going that? or do it more or less?

Thanks

Alex

CornCrazy
08-11-2003, 09:06 PM
has a ball python section. The URL is: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php?s=

Chip
08-12-2003, 02:19 PM
infection can set in much more quickly in a moist environment. Keep a frsh water bowl, of course, just be sure the paper towels don't get sloshed on or wet.
Kingsnake.com has a good ball python forum, as well. I'd stick to Rich's though just b/c I like him much better than the guy who runs kingsnake.