PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shed . . . .

Bad Shed . . . .

Spurticus
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
. . . .Last night.
I just bought a new anery female, and noticed early last week she was blue. I made sure to keep her viv moistened, but she has a tendency to stay on the heated end of the cage more. I fed her late in the week, and avoided picking her up for a couple of days, and I think her staying mainly on the heated end, caused the problem I had last night.

I got ready to go to bed, and decided to check on her, and when I looked inside the heated end hide, I didn't see her, but noticed a large partial flake of skin (didn't like seeing that at all). I looked around throught he vines, and noticed a few more smallish, but partial flakes. I found Draco under her cool end hide, and when I picked her up, she still had the majority of skin remaining on the lower portion of her body.

I ran a small amount of warm water in the bath tub and let her swim around for a few minutes, the got a warm washcloth and let her crawl through it. I noticed that she would do this "S" motion in the cloth, and so I held her a little more firmly. I had to do this a few times, but it finally all came off. I was very relieved when the last quarter of the skin came off in one piece from the tail. . . .that was my first time with a bad shed and after reading what could happen if any of that skin remains.

Main reason for the post:
This worked out well, but is there anything I could have done differently, or done to prevent the bad shed ?
BTW. . .it was funny watching her wiggle through the washcloth last night. It was almost like she was enjoying that !!! . . . It must have felt good to her to get that off !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nanci
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3ahp25

Here are some suggestions.

Spurticus
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3ahp25

Here are some suggestions.

Thanx Nanci . . .. Points sent !!!

Spurticus
11-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanx Nanci . . .. Points sent !!!

Ooops . . . . . As soon as I'm able to give you rep points again, they'll be sent !!!!

:crazy01: