PDA

View Full Version : In the likeness of Pdraus question

In the likeness of Pdraus question

JaketheTick
05-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Ok, I have a female ghost corn, and a male het. for crimson. My understanding is that both are hypomelanistic mixed with other traits, correct? So what should i get? I figured i would have at least some hypomelanistic, which is why i bred them. I dont know, im not to good at the whole genetics deal. Im working on it though. What do you folks think?

pdrau
05-23-2002, 07:21 PM
I would think that you would get progency that may or may not have some crimsons and would be the following:

50% hypomelanistic, het for anerythristic - possible % of this crimson

50% het for ghost - these should all look normal

Just a guess on the percentages, but you would definitely get some hypomelanistic and some normals with a small chance of crimsons.

JUST A GUESS!

How'd I do Serpwidgets and the other genetics freaks?!

Peter

kellum
05-23-2002, 08:39 PM
a ghost would be anerythristic and hypomelanistic

a crimson is a hypomelanistic Miami phase ( I think) so I am not sure what "het crimson" really means- maybe het hypo

so you should get some hypos, hypos-het anery, normals-het hypo and normals-het anery

Clint Boyer
05-23-2002, 11:30 PM
If the Ghost is from Miami lines you could get Crimson looking snakes.
Basically, Miami phase is a normal so it can't be het for Miami...(well, we won't get into that here!) If the Ghost is from other lines, the hypos would be somewhere inbetween normal and Miami.

carol
05-24-2002, 11:46 AM
You'd get 50% normals het hypo and anery and 50% hypos het anery. Unless of course the het crimson is also het anery. I guess you'll find out. As far as the crimson goes...Clint explained it well.

Darin Chappell
05-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Just for the sake of argument, let's assume (Yes, I know what happens when we do that) that an animal could be het for Miami (whatever that would mean). IF you take that into account, and IF the composition of crimson is simply broken down in an animal as being het for hypo and het for Miami, then my genetics wizard says that you should end up with something like:

25% Het. anery, Het. hypo,
25% Het. anery, Homozygous hypo,
25% Het. anery, Het. miami, Het. hypo,
25% Het. anery, Het. miami, Homozygous hypo,

Now, if we're not counting Miami as a gene that can be heterozygous (and I understand why we might not), then those percentages posted above in the other posts are completely accurate. However, I just thought it might be interesting to look at that Miami influence that may show up!

Darin