PDA

View Full Version : Dexter has a splinter! =[

Dexter has a splinter! =[

sacrifice.theory
11-17-2008, 05:32 PM
I just got my beautiful corn, Dexter, Saturday. I had heard some rumors about the ReptiBark causing splinters and could be possibly toxic, but the guy at the pet store assured me it was safe and that he's used it for years. Well, yesterday morning I discovered he had a splinter and I tried to just rub it off thinking it just might be stuck on there, but it didn't budge. I dabbed a tiny bit of triple antibiotic cream on it, then tried about an hour or two later to get ahold of it with tweezers and it wouldn't budge. I figure he might be able to work it out on his own, but it's just worrying me to death.
Oh, and I haven't seen any poopies yet.
Also, I changed his substrate to the Wal-Mart brand of CareFresh for now. ZooMed Aspen on the way.

sarcare
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
My creamie had a spilnter when I got hime, I got it mostly out, and I hope that when he sheds it will come all the way out. He is deep in pink so it should be soon. I tried tweezers, but ended up getting it out over time--it was under a flap on bad shed, and in between scales.

sacrifice.theory
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I just don't want it to get infected and him being hurt, you know?
His eyes are starting to go milky blue so hopefully he'll shed soon and that darn thing will come out.
I just love him so much already and can't help but worry. =[

Jenstar
11-18-2008, 02:06 AM
I would wait till after he sheds, it might come out then. When my snake got a splinter I used tweezers, just be careful you don't pinch your snake. It will probably come out on it's own, hopefully.

sacrifice.theory
11-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I hope so. Thanks so much!
=]