PDA

View Full Version : Snake help

Snake help

Chris
05-23-2002, 10:48 PM
I wont a corn smake but i dont know what one to try get there are so meany out there anyone have some helping words or a good frend that knows :confused:

Simon
05-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Sorry Chris I couldn't exactly make it out from what you were trying to say, there are too much typos in it. Please edit your message and we'll try to help you out as much as possible

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Alicia
05-23-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you purchase the Corn Snake Manual by Bill & Kathy Love and start there. After you read up on how to care for one then you can start deciding which color and/or pattern you like. It really is about personal preference. I think they are all beautiful. This is a great place to come for info. Everyone here is very helpful.

:) Alicia

pdrau
05-23-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi Chris,

Sounds like you are possibly French Canadian? I live in South Louisiana and understand the Acadian French version of English pretty well, so I understood exactly what you were saying.

I agree with Alicia about purchasing the Corn Snake manual. The copy I ordered for my daughter arrived today. Just in time for her 8th birthday on Saturday.

Other than the possibility of bloodreds and miamis, from what I've read they are a little more finicky or picky eaters, any of the other color morphs should be the same to take care of. The choice is then left up to you to choose which color morph you like and can afford to purchase.

A few good sites with pictures:

www.serpenco.com
www.cornsnakes.net
www.corn-utopia.com (you can buy the Corn Snake manual here)

Hope this helps.

Peter

Simon
05-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Sorry about that Chris,
my english isn't that good......now from reading what others have posted I totally understand what you are saying. Really sorry about that,
yes buying the Corn Snake Manuel is a must, but then since we are up here in Canada, we don't really get that much morph choice to choose from. Do a lot of research before buying the snake!

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

kenster
05-23-2002, 11:34 PM
Chris, I agree with everyone else. the corn snake manual is a great book and should answer most of your questions about corns. It is refered to time and time again here. With all the morphs that are out there it should be some what easy to find a "color" you like. there is quite a selection when it comes to that. Although buying one usually leads to more and more!!