PDA

View Full Version : Feeding in Blue?

Feeding in Blue?

EmJagsz
11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I fed my August on the 19th while she was in blue. I fed her an unusually large meal that she is still finishing up digesting and it's been well over 48 hours and she hasn't shed yet. So I was wondering, do snakes wait until they're done digesting their food fully before they decide to shed?

measley
11-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't think so...

I fed my baby corn a larger food item than usual (instead of 2 pinks, I gave him a fuzzy) during a shed once and the next day he shed. However, because of the bulge and perhaps my humidity, the shed came off of the top half but stopped right at the bulge so I had to gently give him a bath and the rest came off no problem.

So from this experience, I would say no, they don't need to wait to finish digesting before shedding but just keep an eye on her and make sure she has enough humidity, etc... don't stress too much- it will happen when she's ready.

EmJagsz
11-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Could it be a possibility that she shed whilst under the aspen? I mean, could she have shed without me knowing and it's just hiding somewhere underneath the aspen...?

Thanks.

measley
11-22-2008, 03:24 PM
It is possible, you can check under the aspen to be sure but most likely she is soon going to shed. Their eyes go blue and they get all milky and then clear up so that they look almost completely normal for a couple of days and then they shed. So she could just be in the clear phase right before a shed.