PDA

View Full Version : Hasnt eat yet should I be worried

Hasnt eat yet should I be worried

mustang8402
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello all I have a question. I bought 2 baby cornsnakes last week which was monday 11/17. They are 2 months and the one is about 2 inches longer than the other and just a little thicker. When I picked them up the guy said they were eating pinkies just fine and he hasnt fed them in a week. I try to feed them today for the first time and the bigger guy eats 2 and the other guy wouldnt eat anything. It has now been two weeks since the little guy has ate anything. Should I be worried yet or just try again tomorrow?

Thanks
John

Nanci
11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd wait four or five days before you try again. Traditionally, it is considered safest to allow a new snake a week of no handling/no bothering before attempting to feed, so they don't associate feeding with the stress of re-homing. Many people, obviously, get away with feeding immediately or in the first few days. Still, the safest bet, especially with your first snakes, is to just wait. SO, since your guy has refused, and you don't want to condition him to refuse by offering food every day, give him a short period of time to settle in, and then try again in optimal conditions. In the evening, in a small container, with a very hot mouse, maybe slit. I slit everything. If he paces around and won't start eating in ten or so minutes, reheat the pink, cover him up, with the lights off, and do not peak for an hour. If still no luck, reheat, put the whole little feeding container in the viv and leave it overnight.

mustang8402
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Alright thanks alot for the help

John