PDA

View Full Version : Poor digestion

Poor digestion

Lynnea
11-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi all,

I have a butter stripe I bought very cheaply at a show--no wonder--everything that goes in comes out very quickly. The vet's tested her, no bacteria, no parasites, she's had antibiotics just to be sure and strongid. I give small prey dusted with Nutribac and the problem persists. Before I call the vet again, any ideas what could be causing this? She passes something once a day, very watery. Kinda smelly. Vet does not think it is crypto. I keep her on paper toweling and clean daily.

Thanks!

crackerhead
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
This may seem like a dumb question but is she gaining weight? Maybe she is digesting, albeit not well. Smelly feces, smellier than usual, makes me think parasites. Beardies with coccidia have horrendously smelly feces. Parasite issues need more than just one dosing period to get them all. Have you been able to contact the seller and ask any questions? If you find a definitive answer please be sure to post it. My curiosity is peaked!
Good Luck,
Terri

Lynnea
11-25-2008, 08:04 AM
This may seem like a dumb question but is she gaining weight? Maybe she is digesting, albeit not well. Smelly feces, smellier than usual, makes me think parasites. Beardies with coccidia have horrendously smelly feces. Parasite issues need more than just one dosing period to get them all. Have you been able to contact the seller and ask any questions? If you find a definitive answer please be sure to post it. My curiosity is peaked!
Good Luck,
Terri

Hi Terri, she is very small for her supposed age. It seems she may have had this problem a long time. But if the feces check came out negative, could she still have parasites? I'm going to go ahead and call the vet again. I don't have any info on the seller. I'll keep updating this thread. Thanks!