PDA

View Full Version : Is it a regurge if he poops too?

Is it a regurge if he poops too?

GregF
12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
A few weeks ago, our 06 sunglow, Slithers, had a regurge. We didn't feed for 10 days, then fed a small meal and everything seemed ok. Last week, the local pet store only had hoppers, so we fed him 3. Today, one week after eating, he regurged a light brown, viscous liquid, with an indistinguishable darker mass in it. About an hour later, we found a small fresh poop in his viv. Shortly after that, he regurged a little more liquid.

He's now out cruising around normally. How should I treat this?

Thanks.

-Greg

Nanci
12-03-2008, 05:36 AM
I'd treat it as a very serious regurge. You're supposed to build up slowly, over many weeks, not assume one meal stayed down, so you're good to go! Now you need to wait 8-10 days before feeding, and for sure get some Nutribac, and, is your snake an adult? I'd start with a fuzzy or rat pink, with a lot of slits on the back, and feed several meals of that size until they stay down, then move to a small hopper, etc. You can't rush this. More than one regurge is very serious. Your snake can die.

zorro
12-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with Nanci, you should have never fed more than one for at least 8-10 feedings. Some of mine that has shown regurge will never get more than one again. Keep them on the small size. It's not going to hurt a bit. Most corns will not come back after more than two reguges ( there are always exceptions)
Be patient and he will come around.
John