PDA

View Full Version : feeding problem

feeding problem

mike korn
08-17-2003, 11:44 PM
my two month old corn snake isnt eatting. It was doing fine until now. i have four other snakes and they are doing great. i dont know what the problem is. can you guys help me?

EtherRex
08-18-2003, 06:30 AM
It may well just be going into shed. Watch its eyes for the next week or so. If they turn grey-blue then it going to shed a few days after. If you dont see this happen in the next week then you may have a problem. Does the snake seem healthy otherwise?

mike korn
08-21-2003, 05:15 PM
she still not eatting. its been a little over a week and a half now and she still hasnt eatten. what should i do?

Chip
08-21-2003, 07:01 PM
What are the temperatures in the cage? It could be cool, as well as shedding soon. Try placing the snake in a small container overnight with the pinkie mouse. DON'T PEEK! Often works wonders on non feeders. There are a slew of tricks to try (tease-feeding, lizard scenting, trying live, braining, etc.) but I don't resort to them until the snake is willing to have a slumber party with it's normal food item in a deli cup.
Good luck.

mattsnake
08-21-2003, 07:17 PM
It may just be stressed out. Don't handle or disturb it for about a week and then try feeding it somewhere dark in late evening. :)

Anel & Dirk
08-23-2003, 05:19 AM
My corns just as fussy the last two weeks, but our temps have been VERY low...

Like whatsisname up top said, there are a lot of little tricks, my favorite is slapfeeding and the next step (if that doesn't work) is braining da pink and then slapping with da brained pink. I've only once had to be so desperate though.

CornCrazy
08-23-2003, 05:24 AM
What do you mean by slapfeeding, Anel?

Anel & Dirk
08-24-2003, 06:59 AM
You take da corn by da neck with its head extending, be sure to keep its body supported, and you whack it with the mouse through da face, like a B*tch slap with a mousie head.

The snake then open his mouth and strikes out of aggitation.

Put snake (with mouse in mouth) down and watch him eat.

Its sorof a way of teasing.