PDA

View Full Version : Snake defication

Snake defication

Haya Tha'baan
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I've had my 4 month old snake for 5 days now and I fed him about 4 days ago. I've been looking all over to find how long it takes for baby snakes to digest so I can know when to expect it to defecate. My snake had no problem eating, is showing some signs of shedding (milky scales on most of body and half grey eyes) and had a visible bump for a couple days for where its meal was. The bump is not visible anymore and there is no sign of regurgitation. So how long does it take for a snake to poop??

Additional question: The signs of shedding haven't progressed in the past 5 days...its eyes have stayed the same partial grey and its scales haven't become more milky. Is that unusual at all?

iloveblastbeatz
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Your snake will poop when hes ready to poop :) As for the shedding it will take a week or more in "blue" and then he will go in "clear" and will shed soon after that. When my snake is in shed he hides for a while and will sometimes poop the day he gets up to shed. So just be patient :)

Haya Tha'baan
12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Wonderful! Thank you :)

redneck
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
It very well may wait until it sheds to poop. My two snakes have done that a few times.

mtolypetsupply
12-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I read on another thread about "green" poop being a result of not eating, hence bad. This is my first experience with corns. Soo, does anyone have a "poo decoder system"? LOL In other words, what is healthy poo color, consistency, etc. and what various bad poos are there?